RYA Day Skipper Practical – Sail
If you have a foundation in yachting experience and would like to become a confident skipper, this is the course for you. Under the guidance of one of our instructors, you will get to experience being in command of a vessel and taking the credit (or blame!) for everything that happens.
At the end of this course, we aim to have you confident enough to replicate the manouvers and techniques you’ve learnt with us. You should also be able to check logistics and prepare the boat for short trips.
- Basic yachting experience
- Basic navigation and chartwork knowledge
- Basic sailing skills
- Day Skipper Theory – recommended.
Included in Fee
- Accommodation on board, linen, towels
- Bottled water
- Supper (only if vessel does not berth at home port)
Ability After Course
- Preparation for sea
- Deck work
- Maintenance and repair work, engines
- Yacht handling under power and sail and emergency situations
- Passage making
- Night cruising
- You are expected to remain on board for the duration of the course
- Instructor will decide which days you will be berthing outside home port or anchoring at a bay.