RYA Coastal Skipper Practical – Sail
This course is geared toward sailors with considerable navigational knowledge who would like to take their ability to the next level.
During this course, you will be expected to skipper more demaning passeages under the instructor’s observation, taking full resposability for yout actions. You should already have the background theoretical knowledge in place to back up your skills and this will be applied, but not taught from scratch. By the end of this course you should have a solid knowledge of applied passage planning, pilotage, boat handling in difficult situations and a full knowledge of how to handle emergency and safety situations.
This is an intensive five day course which should leave you with the knowledge and competence to go on to your Yachtmaster™ examinations.
- Minimum Day Skipper Theory standard knowledge, chart work, tidal calculations etc..
- Minimum 15 days sailing/ 300 miles, 2 days as skipper, 8 night hours
- Coastal Skipper Theory/Yachtmaster™ Offshore Preparation – Highly recommended
Included in Fee
- Accomodation on board, linen, towels
- Bottled water
- Supper (only if vessel does not berth at home port)
Ability After Course
- Ability to skipper day/night passages in a variety of demanding situations
- Able to undertake coastal passages with the necessary preparations and regard for
- You are expected to remain on board for the duration of the course
- Instructor will decide which days you will be berthing outside home port or anchoring at a bay.